Here are a few quick and easy stress relievers I love:
- Take three big letting go breaths, exhaling through the mouth
- Get more Vitamin C in your diet – it can help reduce cortisol, a stress hormone, in your body. Try oranges, peppers, green leafy veggies
- Take a 5 minute restroom break and just breathe
- Get outside for a 10 minute walk to re-energize
- Enjoy the sunset
- Feed your body right. Eat a nutritious meal with seasonal ingredients
- Think of five things you are grateful for in your life
- Play with a pet
- Enjoy this short calming meditation short calming meditation (YouTube)
Take care of yourself. Don’t go to work when you are sick.
Eliminate energy drainers. Write down the top three things that deplete your energy, and identify ways to eliminate, change, or accept them.
Close your eyes and listen to what is happening around you.
Go for lunch with a friend or co-worker. Enjoy getting to know or catch up with one another.